There is no doubt that 2020 has been one for the books. In red. At best we had to work from home, at worst you lost your job, house or a loved one. You probably homeschooled your kids for a good chunk, and you’re done. Its safe to say that 2020 has been dumpster fire.
I saw some folks selling Christmas decorations “celebrating” this fact, so I decided to make my own. Here’s is my guide to the do it yourself dumpster fire 2020 paper decoratoin.
- Download some graph paper and print it out. I used this simple graph paper sheet.
- I then sketched it out roughly on plain paper, before transferring it to the graph paper. My scanner is broken so I just took a picture here.
Note that when you do this, this is the back/inside, so the graph lines are on the inside. Alternatively you could then transfer this to colored cardstock or other paper.
Also note the placement of the tabs – consider extending them much closer to the end (within a few mm) of each length for better form once glued.
3. Use a ruler and knife to cut out the design.
4. If you have used plain paper, how is the time to start coloring. I used my kids stuff as I don’t typically do coloring…
5. Next step is to assemble the box. I went online looking for a flame for the “Fire” part of the project. I’m not great at drawing so I put a piece of paper over my monitor and lightly traced it on.
6. Put it all together and you are done!